- 1 whole medium The Duck Farm duck
- 1 cup natural yoghurt
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ½ cup Tandoori paste
- 2 lemons zested and juiced
- ½ tsp salt
- 50g flaked almonds, toasted
- Mint leaves to serve
- Lemon zest to serve
- Pre-heat oven to 180C.
- In a large non-metallic bowl combine yoghurt, oil, Tandoori paste, lemon zest & juice and salt. Mix well.
- Lay the duck on a chopping board and split removing the backbone. Prick the skin surface of the duck with a fine skewer.
- Place the duck into the marinade and rub marinade into the duck. Allow to marinate for up to 24 hours.
- Place duck into a baking dish skin side up. Roast indirectly for approximately 80 min or until cooked when tested.
- Serve garnished with toasted flaked almonds and mint leaves.
This marinade is also suitable for cooking duck legs.