Try this easy variation on the traditional “l’Orange” recipe!
Enjoy whole duck cooked with an orange salt and served with an orange sauce.
- 1 x Whole The Duck Farm Duck
Orange Salt Rub:
- 2 tbsp flaked salt
- 2 oranges, zested
- 1 small sprig rosemary, finely chopped
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 2 zested oranges, juiced
- 2 oranges, thinly sliced
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup chicken stock (The Duck Farm duck stock available soon!)
- 2 tbsp ver juice
- 1 tsp cornflour
- 1 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp butter, cubed
- Rinse the whole duck under running water and pat dry with paper towel.
- In bowl combine flaked salt, orange zest, rosemary and black pepper. Use the back of a small spoon to blend.
- Place the duck onto roasting rack inside a roasting pan and liberally sprinkle the flavoured salt over the duck.
- Roast the duck in the pre-heated oven 180C for 40 min per kilogram until golden and juices run clear when tested.
- Remove duck from oven and allow to rest 10 -15 min.
- Place the orange juice, slices, sugar, stock and ver juice into a saucepan and simmer over medium heat 8 min.
- Whisk in the combined cornflour and water and stir until liquid boils.
- Remove from heat and cool 2 min, whisk in the cubed butter.
Serve roasted duck with seasonal vegetables and drizzle with orange sauce.