Roasting duck is quick and easy
Just follow these fool-proof steps:
- Place The Duck Farm whole duck on a rack in the kitchen sink, and pour over 2 cups of boiling water.
- Pierce with a skewer or score the skin of the duck all over.
- Pat skin dry with kitchen towel and leave duck to dry on a plate in the fridge for an hour. (You do this to release the subcutaneous fat layer under the skin to give crispy, not fatty duck.)
- Preheat the oven to 200C, 180C fan, or gas 6. Place the duck on a rack or trivet over a deep roasting tin, as it will release fat into the tin.
- Add sea salt and roast for 90 min or until golden and juices run clear when tested.
- Strain off the fat and use it for the best roast potatoes and veggies ever.
Don’t try to carve a duck; joint it:
- Remove the legs just as you would a chicken.
- Now take the whole breasts off the bone, which will make the duck go much further.
- Ease your knife along the breast bone then slice the breast.
This will give at least four good servings of tender meat without any fattiness.